Thursday, August 25, 2011

Killer Discovery: SkinnyTaste.com & Chicken Rollatini

With Quinn leaving for Santa Barbara in a few short weeks, I have been scouring cookbooks and food blogs for light and healthy meals. While I still have friends and family available to taste my culinary conquests, I will be cooking solo more often. In my research I came across a food  blog that may soon become a recipe mecca: SkinnyTaste.com

After saving many of SkinnyTaste's recipes for a later date, I set my sights upon "Chicken Rollatini with Spinach all Parmigiana". SkinnyTaste notes not only the calories per serving, but also Weight Watchers points (if you're into that), but also grams of fat, protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. This is definitely something I would like to attempt with my recipes -- slashing unnecessary calories without forfeiting quality and taste.



Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
(recipe credit: Skinny Taste.)
  • 8 chicken cutlets
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 6 tablespoons liquid egg whits
  • 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry
  • 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
  • 6 oz part skim mozzarella
  • non-stick cooking spray (I used PAM)
  • 1 cup tomato sauce
  • salt and pepper to taste 

Preheat oven to 450°. Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. (I used garlic pepper, as I am a garlic addict.) Combine the panko crumbs and 2 tbsp grated Parmesan in a bowl, and 1/4 cup egg whites in another.   

Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, and 2 tbsp egg whites in another bowl. Spread 2-3 tbsp of the spinach mixture over the cutlets and roll them together. 

Dip each roll in the liquid egg whites, then in the breadcrumbs, and place Place in Pam-sprayed pan or baking dish, seam-side down.

Bake for 25 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown. Top with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted. 


Only 200 calories per serving! One was plenty for me (with a side of vegetables), and even the men I served it to were taken with this low-cal recipe. SkinnyTaste.com, I am yours.

1 comments:

Siena said...

Oh my god I want to eat everything on that blog... well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...